Drama, Disaster & Disappointment
I haven't posted in a few days... It's been an eventful time. I had wanted to post on Thanksgiving. I didn't and I feel bad about it. I had wanted to post something appropriate and just never got around to it. I had a very nice Thanksgiving day. *nods* I was slightly disappointed because Jill was coming down and I'd expected her earlier than she arrived. *shrugs* I guess that's more my fault than anything... I should have asked when she'd arrive rather than assume. Anyway, it was a very nice day. I got to spend it with some of the people that I love.
Today? Today was the killer. Black Friday! *nods* I had to be at work at four in the morning. *shakes head* Such a killer. We all know how much I love my job as of late and then when it's a day like today.... I was proud of myself today, however. I did things that were thought impossible and that is what excites me. When I had left work today, our dept. had done $101,000 in sales and to make our day we needed $110,000... shouldn't have been a problem.
I got a phone call this morning.... Jill's foster sister set their house on fire. Thankfully no one was hurt, Jill's dad quickly extinquished the fire and it was contained to one room. I was just soooo shocked. The kid has been taken to a mental institution and all I can say is that she is deeply troubled.
I hauled my butt up to Jill's after I got off work tonight to check on her and her family. When I finally got home there was a message on the answering machine for me. It turns out that I didn't get the job I applied for at the hospital. *shakes head* I guess it wasn't meant to be. It's just disappointing because my schedule sucks and I probably won't get to see Jill as much as I'd like. I'm still going to keep looking.... I want set hours and I'm sick of the way the scheduling is done at work. I'm sick of always working midshifts and closes...
Anyway... now that you have all the news, I think I'll call it an evening.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home