Powerful Personalities
I was watching one of the dvds Seth got me for Christmas last night. It is part of the Ultimate Jordan collection that he got me. I was watching, mesmerized by the greatness of Michael Jordan, how effortless he made it all look when I know all to well what kind of effort, practice and mental toughness it takes to do the sorts of things he was. I was in awe of his prowess on the basketball court. The sheer will and determination that he exuded were even greater than his athletic talent. This is what made this man the greatest basketball player ever... Not just the physical gifts he was given but the will and desire to push those gifts to their extremes.
I went to my grandparent's yet again tonight. It's become a habit of late. Moreso now than ever because of their failing physical state. I sat there tonight and thought of how the same sort of thing is true with them. It's not their bodies that are holding them together anymore... it's their sheer force of will and tenacity. These are people who've lived their entire lives holding onto nothing more than ideals and goals, made the most of what they were given and stretched it farther than it should go.
Michael Jordan was a winner on the basketball court because he refused to give up, to give in, or believe that it was hopeless, there was always a way to win and he'd find it. My grandparent's are quietly teaching me that the same is true in life. Hold fast to who you are, your loved ones, and what you believe in and you will win in life despite what others may think.
Now that I'm done musing for the moment... I suppose I should update ya'll on what I've been up to. Today? Absolutely NOTHING!!! A glorious day of nothingness. I played DoD and watched tv. That was pretty much it except the forementioned trip to the grandparent's. I'm off tomorrow too. I plan on taking care of some business. Got returns to make, things to buy and bills to pay. But it should be a nice day to be out and about so I'm looking forward to it.
Now I'm off to just enjoy the night!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home