generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Reflections or Merely Mirages?

It's odd how the past is remembered fondly.  We seem to only want to remember the good things about people, our experiences and where we've been.  A funny thing happened to me.   I was cleaning my room and I stumbled across a bunch of cards.  I started going through them one by one.  They were the sympathy cards I'd received when my father passed away.  Tucked under those was a lone Christmas card.  It was from someone I considered special.  Things between her and I didn't exactly work out like either of us had planned.  I sat and smiled as I read through the card and the carefully folded pieces of paper that had been included... the doodlings and little notes all seemed so happy and joyous.  Then it all hit me.  I lost both of these people at the same time.  My father and this young lady who I had thought so highly of.  Neither of them are in my life any longer.  One I know I'll not see nor hear from again in this lifetime and the other is almost as lost to me.  Both of these people affected my life profoundly and the loss of them was a great blow to me.  Today, however, I sit and ponder how I remember them both fondly even though I know in my heart that both had their flaws.  *smiles* Here's to the past... and to moving on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not lost because of any of my own doing....

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home