Choices, Environment and Chemistry
What makes us who we are? What sculpts us as individuals into the people that we are and what makes us change? Does anyone ever REALLY change or do they just choose to fight or give in to their impulses?
*chuckles*
Deep questions I guess.... I've had a lot to think about the last coupla days. Friends, family, fellow associates.... all of them have brought me to this quandry. The title of this entry are the three factors that I believe are the answers to these questions... The only thing that eludes me is to what extent these factors figure into the equation.
Choices... Are we just the product of the choices we've made? Do we conciously or even unconciously decide the course of our lives?
Environment... Does how and where we grow up affect the people we become? Do the things that happen to us chisel out our image?
Chemistry... Can human behavior be broken down and attributed to chemical levels and activity in the brain?
*smiles*
I know you all have your opinions about this subject... I'd truly like to hear your views. I believe that who we are is a combination of those three factors in some sort of complex equation that is different for each person. They say that life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we handle it... but each of us see things so differently that what one person sees another person totally misses.
*chuckles*
That brings me to another subject. I'll admit this here and now in front of you all. I do not now and do not know if I ever shall understand the female of the human species. Men are usually logical in some fashion... one thing leads to another in some sort of progression... Females are emotional... and that is... as Nomad said... "a mass of conflicting impulses"
*grins*
Ok... I think I've said enough... amongst you all probably only one will know of what I'm speaking.... the rest of you may find out at some point. For now... I'm out!


1 Comments:
I disagree.
Men are very complicated.
Post a Comment
<< Home