Freaks and Geeks
The collection of people that gather together at Wal-mart astounds me. You have white trash alongside the uppity rich, the rednecks and the sophisticates, children running wild and nursing home escapees all coming together in search of shopping nirvana at their local Wal-mart. Then there are days when the associates demand the same kind of attention... a twenty-something following around a forty year old almost-divorced mother like a lost puppydog and said 40 year old cramming her tongue down his throat, People greeters who are insanely cheery for no apparent reason, and psychotic people who think the company should bow to their every whim and serve them. Then there's the management team... a store manager who was investigated for numerous ethics violations, a nineteen year old who doesn't know how to do anything that her subordinates can do with their eyes closed, an arrogant egocentric dictator, a perpetually lost know-it-all who loves power and a flip-flopper who makes John Kerry look stable.
Yeah... no wonder Seth and I laugh so much at work, look at the material we have to work with. Anyway, today is my day off. I think I'm gonna have lots of fun. Run to the mall, play DoD, read... so I'm outtie!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home