Thunderstorms
I'm sitting here listening to the rain on the roof, the distant thunder rolling. I can't explain all the thoughts and feelings a thunderstorm bring flooding to my mind. I used to sit and watch the storms with my Dad when I was a little boy. It's one of the few fond memories I have of him. My father and I didn't have the greatest of relationships but in those moments that didn't matter. We connected without words, just sitting there watching the awesomeness of nature. I still love thunderstorms even if they remind me that I won't be able to repair the relationship I had with him. They also remind me of how small we all are in life. That we don't control the world around us no matter how hard we try. I've spent hours listening to thunderstorms by myself and with other people... some of whom I thought understood. I guess what really matters is that I know what they mean to me and no one can take that away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home